April 30, 2009

Body Scrub Recipe

Body Scrubs have always been a luxury that I haven't granted myself, although I've always loved receiving them as gifts. They also seem to be the sort of beauty product you buy as a gift for someone when you don't really know what else to get them...unless you specifically know that that person loves body scrubs. Woopydoodyda.
Well, I think that we can now stop denying ourselves the luxury of body scrubs, and if you're going to give it as a gift, then why not make it yourself (especially if it's for a special friend - they will appreciate it even more!).

Ingredients:

- 200 grams of buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder

(you will find all the ingredients, except for the flour, in the spice section of your supermarket)

Stick the whole lot in a food blender, and voilĂ ! BODY SCRUB!

Wet your body in the shower, and then put some of the mixture onto your hand and rub it onto your skin. It smells lovely, and it will leave your skin naturally smooth. I also tried it on my face but found that it left my skin slightly dry -- so may be good for people with oily skin, and perfectly safe to use on the rest of the body.

No comments: