December 3, 2009

Broccoli Kamut Pasta


I just love broccoli! And I love Kamut! So here's the two in divine culinary union.
I must admit that when I hold a broccoli branch (is that how you'd call it?), I feel like a bride holding a bouquet....should a sweet prince ever greet me with a broccoli bouquet I'd be flattered (and taken aback by such original creativity!)
Ingredients
(these quantities are roughly for 1 person....use your instinct)
- 1 medium-small broccoli head
- 80g (?) of kamut pasta (you can of course use any pasta for this dish, but kamut pasta has a wonderful taste and is nutritionally much richer than other types of pasta)
- herbal salt (or normal salt)
- chilli powder
- olive oil
Prepare the broccoli into bite-size pieces. I like to use the "trunk" as well - you just need to cut off the hard green exterior and use the middle bit, which is light in color.
Bring to the boil a pot of water, and then place both pasta and broccoli in together. After roughly 10 minutes (check cooking time on the packet of pasta), drain off the water, replace the pasta and broccoli in the pot, add olive oil, a bit of herbal salt, a dash of chilli powder...mix mix mix....this gets the broccoli nice and....mmmm...spread out. Serve! I find this dish really heart warming, especially on a cold winter's day.

No comments: